Insurance & Referrals
For private clients
- A medical referral is not required.
- We request payment at the time of consultation. If you are covered by a Private Health Fund please bring this with you both the Yeppoon and Rockhampton Clinics have access to HICAPS. This would then mean that you only have to pay the difference. (Please check with your health fund for what Podiatry services are covered by your fund).
For clients of DVA (Department of Veterans Affairs)
- A D904 referral is required from your General Practitioner.
- Gold Card or Podiatry-Related White Card holders incur no out of pocket expenses.
For Workcover clients
- A caseworker referral is required, accompanying this is a referral or summaries from other involved health related practitioners, if any.
- Workcover clients incur no out of pocket expenses.
For Medicare (EPC) clients
- A referral is required from your general practitioner. This EPC will include a form that outlines the amount of Podiatry visits allowed on this referral.
- A maximum of 5 visits are allowed per calendar year.
- Those patients that hold a pension or a healthcare card we will be offering a subsidised visit. This would mean that patients would be required to pay $67.95 upfront and if eligible we can do the claim which entitles the patient to $52.95 from MEDICARE – which leaves an out of pocket amount of $15.00. The patient will need to bring a savings or a cheque card and their Medicare card.
- For the convenience of our patients, our HICAPS terminal now has the ability to claim on the spot for eligible patients.
Please see FAQ for further information.
We offer a full range of Podiatry services including:
- General foot care
- Toenail Surgery
- Sports Injuries
- Childrens' lower limb Complaints
- Insoles and Orthotics
- Diabetes Foot Care
We stock a wide range of footwear available from casual, work, sport and children's school shoes. Also some for those hard to fit feet.
Download our New Client Form